Updated: Nov 8, 2022
With so many face masks out there, it is hard to know which to choose and which will work to give you that gorgeous lit from within bridal glow ready for your big day. Facial masks are a must in any bride-to-be’s skincare routine.
If you have read some of my previous posts on daily skincare routines for your wedding day you will have already seen some of my bridal face mask recommendations, this post will go into a bit more depth into what they do and how to use them. These masks are natural, organic, and cruelty-free perfect for any occasion you don’t have to be a bride!
1. May Lindstrom Problem Solver – A warming correcting mask. Raw cacao and activated bamboo charcoal are amongst the many amazing natural active ingredients in this mask, which help brighten, treat and prevent breakouts, and help to fade scarring and hyperpigmentation. Although quite pricey, you do get a large amount in the pot. This mask delivers amazing results, and you really start to notice the benefits the more you use it. Mix this mask with water to make a paste, leaving it on for up to 45 mins! Make sure you keep it moist by spritzing it with a face mist. Note: You feel a warm tingling sensation when using this mask, this is supposed to happen.
Sit back relax or do some chores with this mask on!
UPDATE: This mask is currently unavailable in the UK. It can be bought directly from May Lindstrom.
2. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – This multi-award winning mask, has received accolades for a reason! It is one of my favourites for pre-wedding or event skin. This gel-like mask is super easy to apply. It gently resurfaces, leaving the skin looking bright, supple, glowing, and smooth. Leave on for 20-30 mins. If I have an event, I like to use this daily in the lead-up to or on the day of the event. Note this is suitable for all skins, except for the very sensitive.
3. Antipodes Flora Probiotic Skin Rescue Hyaluronic Mask- With plant hyaluronic acid and gel from the native New Zealand harakeke flax, this cooling formulation helps to reduce redness, soothe itching, hydrate the skin, and minimize inflammation that leads to blemishes. This is suitable for sensitive skin. Use 2-3 times a week to keep the skin clean and clear. Amazing for cooling and calming stressed skin.
4. Leahlani Meli Glow Illuminating Mask – This illuminating mask feels beautiful on the skin and smells amazing. With enzyme and vitamin-rich tropical fruits. This mask “promotes a more even skin tone while unveiling that 'aloha glow'” Suitable for all skin types, especially dry/mature skin types. It works best on damp skin and is to be left on for 5 – 15 minutes.
5. Tropic Comfort Food Deep Hydration – Another easy-to-use creamy yogurt-like mask, that is great for providing deep moisture to the skin. It has a subtle scent and leaves the skin feeling comforted, bright, and supple, a lovely one to use weekly to keep the skin hydrated.
When I have an event coming up, I make sure I have a combo of a hydrating mask, a deep cleansing mask, and an illuminating mask to hand to use on rotation depending on what my skin needs.
Hope this helps with choosing a natural & organic face mask to get that pre-wedding (or event) glow!!
Let me know how you get on and if you have any other favourite mask recommendations, I love to hear them!
Note: These are my personal recommendations. These are not sponsored or affiliate links.